A few days ago, the husband and I decided to make homemade electrolyte drink. It's like making your own 100Plus #awwyeaah. I consider it a great success, considering that the first batch is not long gone.
There are tonnes of recipes up on the world wide web, but we took the recipe from FitDay. Enjoy a pictorial approach for those who are more visually inclined. ;)
- You will need • limes • lemons • oranges • table salt (we used iodized salt) • brown sugar • a bottle filled with 1 litre of plain lukewarm water • measuring cup • knife (please be careful!) • juicer (optional)
- Cut the limes, lemons and oranges into half. The ratio is basically 1/4 cup of lime juice, 1/4 cup of lemon juice and the juice from one (fairly large) orange - we measured everything in one measuring cup. We used two (2) limes , one lemon and one orange.
- Here comes the elbow grease! Squeeze the juice out of them like your life depended on it. As you can tell, they didn't have a chance.
- Add your salt (1 teaspoon) and brown sugar (1/2 teaspoon or more, depending how sweet you want it) here.
- Make sure you stir the mixture up good! If there's a renegade seed in the mixture, you might want to take care of it now.
- Pour the mixture into the water bottle, you know, the one with 1 litre of water inside. Shake it, shake, shake it.