Monday, January 19, 2009

WEEK #11 - Super Long Cheat Period.


Greetings...

Yeah, yeah, I know, I took a month and then some more off my work out regiment. I don't feel that great about it either but what to do. When your fiancee comes back from Christmas break and you've got an insane amount of work the first week of the new year, you'd think twice about working out eh? I know, Excuse #9000.

So did I hit my goal for December 2008? The answer is YES, I did. I was 65 kgs during Christmas and did I gain any weight during my long break? The answer is also YES, I did. I was 67 kgs during the first week of January and now I'm back at 65.5 kgs. How do I look? Let's take a look shall we?

Decent but I've lost some muscle definition...

Not too great but I'm trying to get back in shape. I've lost a lot of muscle thanks to slacking off and drinking waaaay too much booze during the holiday season. Stated in my previous post, I did indeed get myself a Swiss Ball and it's really great! You can really feel the strain it puts on muscles that you don't usually use and it does make simple things like push-ups and sit-ups more challenging!

Here's my current workout plan; something I need to stick to for at least two weeks to get back into shape. I can't even stick to circuit training, that's how much weaker I am since I took the month off.

Amir's Get Back Into Shape Routine
3 sets of 15 Swiss Ball Push-ups
3 sets of 15 Bicycle Crunches
3 sets of 12 Swiss Ball Bench Presses
3 sets of 6(or as much as I can do) Chin-ups
Workout days : Mon, Wed, Fri

So that's that, I do it one workout at a time. The only issue I have are meal times. I usually eat my lunch around 1-2pm which is fine but dinner is the issue, I have my dinner around 8, 9 or even 10pm sometimes. So I sometimes get to full for workouts. What I'm thinking now is to have lunch at 3pm or so, head home, hit my routine first THEN have dinner. Which is what I've been doing for the past week. I hope this helps.

Oh yeah, I was supposed to talk about how sleep affects your weight loss and muscle gains but I'm too tired (see: lazy) to talk about it. I'll post it at the end of this week. Hopefully.

We'll see...

till then,
Cheerio.

No comments: